Black Chocolate Cake
This cake recipe is not just gluten-free but nut-free and dairy-free as well. It is not a sweet cake so it can be paired with a sweeter icing without a problem. I like mine with a rich dark chocolate buttercream icing....yum!
2 cups Le Garden Bakery's Quick Mix All-purpose Flour (GF)
2 cups Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 cup Cocoa Powder (Dutch Processed)
2 cups Boiling Water
2/3 cup Palm Shortening (Spectrum brand)
2 teaspoons Vanilla
- In a mixing bowl combine: Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan boil water and add shortening and melt.
- Add liquid to the flour mixture and stir or mix on low speed.
- Once it stops steaming add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined on medium/ low speed.
- Pour into prepared cake pans or muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Top with your favorite icing and enjoy!